Slowed Down for Lunch!

Yeah I don’t know how to do that but today I did! I had lunch with a friend and I just have to say, its sooo nice when y ou see people you don’t get to see enough of and you see how they change! Maybe even how you’ve changed!


Then I started to think – that’s kinda like what happens in life I think – we get so busy, we sometimes don’t slow down enough to see what’s going on w/those around us. Smartphones not only made us stupid (sorry, its true) but also made us disconnected. Kiddo is doing something but whups! Im updating a status/posting a pic/banking on demand/checking work email..etc. Slowing down. Not so easy to do b/c now we are always available.

Back in my day – haha – when I started college, cell phones were still just catching on. I had one, FLIP PHONE!! whats up?!?! And barely used it. forgot to bring it w/my half the time. Now?!?! I’d turn my car around halfway to work b/c I need it! What if someone calls from J’s school? What if I sub at the gym, I need my play list. There’s just so much convenience that its easy to become inconvinenet outside of the cyber world.

So I wonder – has social media made us less FOR REAL social? Im not giving up my FB account, but I think Im gonna purposely make more in person appearances b/c as much as I love a good status update, I love smiles in person too
:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ongoing Lessons in Life and BALANCE

Divorce diaries

day one...ick