Show Them Your Butt!!

**Probably going in the Ebook with more info but anyway, blog for the day!!**
“The Higher the Tree the Monkey Climbs, the More You See of His Butt” – or whatever colorful word you use :)


I first heard a professor use this in ROTC in college and took in one way. Now a whole 10 yrs or so later, I really think I get it. Not the way you think I might..stay with me.

I think that deep down inside, instinctively we all know this. The more you do, the more successful you are, the more people see you. Yay exposure right? No. No yay. Tons of fear is the usual reaction. We all, at some level want to be loved, appreciated and NOT judged. Maslow’s hierchy of needs right? What’s smack dab in the middle? Social needs. We NEED this before we even need to self actualize and reach our potential! Crazy right? Well find someone who doesn’t “need” anyone. Pushes everyone away. 10 out of 10? They aren’t at their full potential. We need that push back to do better. Or to learn character and when to push people the heck out.

I take this approach – Im not perfect. THANK.GOD. What a TON of pressure! I’m a work in progress. So I’ll let my butt show. Its gaining momentum (and muscle structure mind you!) in the process.

Not just with your career but your fitness. Ever been to the gym for the first time? Super skinny, matchity mcmatch match lady next to you killin the stair climber w/o a sweat? Super muscle guy trying to correct how you hold the weights or scoffing when you google the correct way? Guess what? She came to the gym matching and he came with an attitude. Neither have a thing to do with you. Learn from them. Ask her about her cute outfit – maybe it’s a cool workout brand that MAKES her not look like she’s sweating! Hello!! That’s how I learned about UnderArmour for running!! Then, the muscle guy? Who cares. This is all he has – you’ve got google and a funny story to tell. Don’t let either scare you from a gym. Or to make it back to the comparison at the beginning of this story, don’t let them scare you off your tree! Keep on climbin!!

Advice of the day? Just journey along, know your faults, improve and if someone is watching? Give them a show – SHOW YOUR BUTT!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ongoing Lessons in Life and BALANCE

Divorce diaries

day one...ick