Apparently I'm Uncool - Ohhhh Barnacles....and the Patrick Effect
Its Not Quite the Same….
So I posted something on my page about cartoons and kids today. Not trying to diss the kiddos choices..wait, yes I am. Cartoons today are LAMMMMMEEE SAUCE. I decided to call this the Patrick Effect. You know from Spongebob? Ok so kids watch this mindless stuff, learn nothing, and laugh and laugh. At what do you ask? Crabby patties? Wedgies? Silliness? Yes. Yes all of these things. My step monster card was earned a few years ago when I observed my step kids watching this show and I tried..really tried, to just see what they saw…5 or so euphamisms and inappropriate yelling (the angry neighbor? ) later, I turned it off. I mean, how did we get here?
Can TV be positive? ABSO-FLIPPIN- LUTELY! While I cook my 21 mo old watched Team Umizoomi and you best believe when this Milli girl starts counting, she’s counting. Yes, my kid counts. I go over the numbers with her, as does my hubby but the tv reinforces it. The good stuff that is.
Anway, so tv, not supposed to be your kids teacher in any stretch of the imagination but I guess, its gotten so different, KNOW whats on. Its not Captain Planet and the Planeteers.. :/
So I posted something on my page about cartoons and kids today. Not trying to diss the kiddos choices..wait, yes I am. Cartoons today are LAMMMMMEEE SAUCE. I decided to call this the Patrick Effect. You know from Spongebob? Ok so kids watch this mindless stuff, learn nothing, and laugh and laugh. At what do you ask? Crabby patties? Wedgies? Silliness? Yes. Yes all of these things. My step monster card was earned a few years ago when I observed my step kids watching this show and I tried..really tried, to just see what they saw…5 or so euphamisms and inappropriate yelling (the angry neighbor? ) later, I turned it off. I mean, how did we get here?
Can TV be positive? ABSO-FLIPPIN- LUTELY! While I cook my 21 mo old watched Team Umizoomi and you best believe when this Milli girl starts counting, she’s counting. Yes, my kid counts. I go over the numbers with her, as does my hubby but the tv reinforces it. The good stuff that is.
Anway, so tv, not supposed to be your kids teacher in any stretch of the imagination but I guess, its gotten so different, KNOW whats on. Its not Captain Planet and the Planeteers.. :/
Comments