Gratefulness
How grateful are you for the things in your life? I am the first to criticize myself, what I’ve done and I never thought about the sacrifices of others. Maybe x/y/z aren’t perfect but thank God that I had people with me every step of the way to pick up my slack, love me anyway, and just be there or my craziness!
Then there’s gratefulness for the things we take or granted..your health, your life, your ability to enjoy what you enjoy in life. Its not always easy or promised.
Why this blog entry...ok, so today at lunch I went up to the store and this mom was with some teenagers I assume were hers. She was buying them fountain drinks and like chips or something. I think the total was like $4. She started to pay with quarters and the kids, looking mortified, like simultaneously backed up and went towards the entrance. Its like “Hey you’re embaarrasing me – I’ll wait in the car”. While I maybe did this, I don’t think so. Who cares? When I have quarters, I self check out and I’ll glare at anyone with judgement. You don’t know the other person’s situation. Be grateful you aren’t in it!
Im grateful though that I’ve been blessed with a great family, great opportunities that I am proud to say I no longer Ramen-noodle it in the self checkout for $3.25. Very grateful. Again, what are you grateful for?
Comments