Don't Do It If You Can't Live It
So I posted an updated status/weight loss journey pic – thanks for the feedback and awesome responses!! Its just for my own accountability so I thought maybe I’ll let you know how I got here! very..very slowly. They say there are bumps in the road? Well Im from the country so I recognized the bumps as pot holes and unfinished/untreated rocky roads anyway. I hit every bit of an obstacle as I possibly could. What I didn’t do? Fall down and wait for help. What I did do? cry some..tried to crawl out but fell down again, so crawled again and eventually, scraped up and all, found a new way out of whatever it was.
Self diagnosed yo yo dieter/fad tester here. I tried it, ingested it, blah. No grapefruit and boiled eggs for me. no more pills, No 525 cals a day. That’s crazy right? Well if it sounds crazy to you, good – youre on a good path (hopefully) if it doesn’t sound crazy but enticing, DON’T GO THERE! It will never work! Im happy to say more than 4 yrs now, I’ve been treating my body right and its showing..slowly.
What got me to a place of peace? Doing what I can live with.
Tips on Consistency
1. Pick a workout time – don’t change it. Some people don’t agree and that’s fine. However, I find that when I got the best of results, I didn’t waiver on my time to be selfish. Its 5 am for me. No kids requests, no lunches to pack (do that the night before), no phones ringing, random request to be picked up or meet up and its before work. Find a time you won’t be messed with and STAMP it workout time, no excuses
2. Be ok with being selfish. Its hard when you have a family to invest in that workout routine/dvd or that class or that *shameless plug* Shakeology for the first time..its hard because “Couldve bought shoes for the kids, could’ve bought more groceries etc”. I think of it as an investment in your fam. Happy healthy moms stay there for their families longer. Take a deep breath, be a little selfish so you can be selfless.
3. Batch cook – way of life. I post pics about my “Stockpile Sundays” so important!! I love cooking! However I commute, I pick up the baby, walk the god, sometimes teach classes, dinner, bath routine and – WHA?? Its 10pm. So by cooking my main protein(s) on Sunday, I can make quick lunches and dinner all week. Sound boring? Its not. Ill update this Sunday with my menu for the week. Just do it:)
4. Find a Soulmate workout – what can you do and smile? What workout makes you EXCITED to go to the gym/living room? For me it’s a tie these days – Hip Hop Hustle and Body Combat. I can do a one of those for a workout, then repeat. I love it. If you hate running, don’t run. If you don’t like dancing, don’t dance. But find something you can do, consistently do and be excited to do. Now maybe you don’t like lifting weights but add that in there anyway ;) We all need some strength training.
5. Accountability and support – you know the crab story. The crabs are all in the bucket pulling each other down. Why? Because that’s their nature. Rather than helping leverage each other to better places. Have a freakin crab boil and get those outta your life.
6. HAVE FUN!! I have so much fun! Yes my life seems crazy, I miss things here and there because I need to plan a few events better and not overcram my weekend but overall? Im happy because Im having fun. Your family will be happier when YOU’RE happier so YOU just be happy ok? Ok!
Happy Friday!

Comments