Leg Day, Changing it Up, Sharing the Man Cave...
Body Beast Leg Day (And Other Realities)...
Now don’t get me wrong – this wasn’t easy, but I much prefer
this day. I love running – why? Because
youre legs get the hotness!! ;) I’ve always had big thighs (sprinter’s legs)
but when they aren’t toned, they are definitely blah. So I'm embracing leg days
because I have been at a loss on how to tone up and get back the hotness.
Warm Up – I see a
pattern here. Slow and tricky like a jog
or high knees them BOOM lunges. IN.A.WARM UP.
He's completely flipped what I think as a warm up!!
The Workout - I don’t remember all of it in order but there were regular
squats, fancy squats (that's what I call them..), lunges on an incline, and new word? SUPERSETS! I kinda
knew what these were before, but I like how he does them.
My legs weren’t shaky so I thought my routine today of 8,
10, 15 lbs may have been too light ( I even had to drop them on the Bulgarian or
Bulvarian (cant remember the name) squats. But now I'mstarting to feel it. I
think I did just enough weight.
So quick note here - more than once, I had people tell me that they didn't want to do a home based workout program because they feel they aren't as savvy as I am or others are with knowing what to do, how to keep form, etc. UM, REALLY?!!? These videos aren't MTV music videos - they are done by trainers. Trainers who queue you every step of the way. I found myself lifting my chest, as seen below, straightening out my leg because THEY KNOW what the mistakes are and they help you even when you don't realize that you're using incorrect form. So just trust the trainers and your ability to listen:)
Spacing – so this morning I had to bring the “crooked bar”
(sorry – I really don’t know what its called) downstairs. Hubby saw my
beautiful weight mess and asked if I could just use the game room. So we are
moving upstairs now. yay!! Now after almost FOUR YEARS we share the game roomJ muahahahaha! That was
always my plan! (just kidding baby – just kidding…)
All in all, still excited about this program and how Im
feeling. Needed a change up…which brings
me to my point..Even if I end up looking like this zebra....
*****Change up – why not? If you don’t like what you’re doing,
change back. I don’t know that this program is the best thing ever for me, but
I know I’m challenged. I can teach an hr of turbo kick, then an hour of combat
and be wasted but ok. If I had to teach
an hour of a weight class?!? I’d just as well not teach! So this is my Achilles’
heel! What is yours? Can you rise to the challenge to do something and create a
positive change?
Comments