Day One of Body Beast -- FOR REAL Review


Hahahahahahahaha!
Now am I laughing at Sagi (the super buff trainer)? Nope. Laughing at my overconfidence that I knew what to expect and how to lift for results. Now don’t get me wrong I’ve lifted weights before -  I was a college athelete (track) but I lifted just enough and until the coach said I could go back to track and do the “real” work. I’ve never considered weights anything but supplementary to my workout routine. I’ve made them center stage and its KILLER. My arms are shakey (hence the pic) and I’m definitely impressed.  So here’s the program in review…

Chest and Tris Day

Warm up – sorta yawned. I was like, um, this is a lame jog and arm circles. But then, it was like Sagi heard me and said PUSHUPS!! Um, what?! This is the WARM UP! I PUSH NOTHING UNTIL LATER IN THE WORKOUT! So wanted to tell Shaun T on him but whatever….
Chest was first.  I quickly learned why he continued to say, keep your area clean. I so need a rack for these weights. I was looking for weights, grabbing the stability ball, moving around – madhouse style!! 
Oh and logging the weights – totally didn’t remember to have paper so I had to pause and scribble a lot in the beginning…

What Killed Me?! Drop sets. Are these common knowledge? I’ve never heard of this.  I joked in the video I made that I think it means “drop into Child’s Pose” and I meant it! That was super tough! Its like heavy weight, no break, slightly less heavy weight.. I’ve never done so many sets of anything except in and out runs (Fartleks) on the track! Gosh almighty…

 Then there were tris..Yeah I knew I’d be a bad a** in these. Le sigh. I was not.  I was shaking the whole time! I thought I was stronger than that! I tried to start with 15 lbs, Comense to laughing again --> HAHAHAHAHAAHA. NO. My 8lbs won and I was thinking – dang shouldn’t have loaned out those 5s!! oh well.
So Sagi says at the end "Lets go get some food". done and done. I demolished a Greenberry Shakeology without even taking a break, then ate a whole banana (unlike my typical dainty, eat half now, and the other half tomorrow or later routine).. I think eating will be MADATORY to keep up with this. That's why I meal prepped like crazy. Beast Turkey Chili for lunch today.
 
Made it through. Having trouble typing but proud!! 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ongoing Lessons in Life and BALANCE

Divorce diaries

day one...ick