Silly Pride

My hubby calls it stupid pride but eh. Same idea. It's ego. You refuse to accept something so you exert effort doing something to just do it.



Silly Pride lived in my untrained running legs yesterday. It's laughing at me today. I signed up for a 15k I've been wanting to do for a while. Well the flu, upper respiratory infection after, etc equals,  not on track like I was when I wanted to do it. 

"WELL I PAID FOR IT!"..."ITS JUST A RUN". Yeah well there's a reason athletes TRAIN! It's to prevent injury. That was the WORST as far as timing, that I've ever done.  Today I'm sore but yesterday I caught a Charlie horse WHILE RUNNING! I was only 5 or 6 miles in. Sooo I walk/ran to finish thinking ".. It's 33 degrees. You're a dumba$$ for not training Jessica."

I finished, got a couple more Charlies- can you get them in your stomach too BC those were NOT regular cramps! Those put "time of the month" cramps to the level of tickling.



Why did I make it through ? My silly pride? Nope! The best of friends who gave me pep talks this week, day of and even my run friends DURING the race. Runners take care of runners and people I didn't even know helped with a look ok "we stick together! Train next time boo-boo". 😳 I have put on my dunce hat and I'm back on track.

So why did this happen? I got lazy and quit working out? Nope. Never that I started Body Beast and quit running. That's an oopsie. I can't give up all cardio esp BC I love my races. I will say the first 4 miles felt really strong. I can tell leg days are paying off. Had that have been a 5k, I'd have OWNED IT :)

New plan- continue Beast with run days as usual- 2 or 3 regular ones during the week and 1 long on the weekend. I have a half next month and a repeat performance will not be necessary. Silly pride addressed, diagnosed and is now cured with training. Hallelujah. Off to bike and sauna sit 😘

Comments

Unknown said…
Pride aside, I commend you for getting out there! Inside this sick body lies a runner who can't run. To see those who get out and try warms my heart! Thanks for being an example I'm proud to have!
JessVictor said…
Thank you Jessica! You are so sweet and yes I actually feel like I run because why not? Maybe one day I won't be able to? You're the best! ♥️

Popular posts from this blog

Ongoing Lessons in Life and BALANCE

Divorce diaries

day one...ick