When the Fake Falls Away

I love love love my friends and family!  Why? They've been through so much with me. Why is this important? Because they've seen the good, the bad, the ugly and in between.  I think back even 10 years (yikes!) when I as 20 and trying to figure out what in the heck i was doing w/my life and I remember fighting to keep relationships, fighting to keep people attached to me. Basically being fake.Yup. I was a total faker. So I think I didnt reach my potential b/c I was too busy trying to "look" the part.

Causes marital problems, relationship problems, just mo' problems! Because when the fake falls away, you're left with you. If you never liked you to begin with, then WOAH! its a revalation alright! All that energy you spend being "the mold" is a time suck. Screw that.

So anyway, i feel like maybe the last 5 years or so I've find me. What.A.Relief. Maybe talking about health and fitness all the times got on some people's nerves and they defriended me. Good! I dont need to be fake for you anymore! Maybe posting pictures of my princess gets on yoru nerves. Can't imagine that but GOOD! Other follks things she's awesome and want to see more! Maybe Is how off my hubby a bit . GOOD! now maybe you can see, Im happily taken and wouldnt change that for the world.

Social media allows us to show or over show I guess who we are but I find that amazing.  You can be fake all you want but certain trends, ideas and just who you portray yourself to be eventually fade - the fake falls away - and you're left with you. 

So I'm just honest and I'm me - at my ripe old age of 30 (ha!) no time at all for the silly things. How many silly things, fake activities, things you do to fit in, can you get rid of?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ongoing Lessons in Life and BALANCE

Divorce diaries

day one...ick