Cleansing and the Strobe Light Effect

So I've been posting on my Facebook about the 3 day Shakeology Cleanse that I've been doing but I have to say, I learned more and more about not only my body but my mind during this.

I'll move on quickly because I am tired and have P90x in the morning (note - you shouldn't do something this strenuous on the cleanse but my body said go for it, soo..I went!).

I have decided to cleanse my life. I blogged earlier about cleaning out my closet so to speak and getting the nay sayers out of my life. Pretty much done. If I haven't dismissed them, I havent talk to them, which is ultimately the same thing. Negativity breeds the same and I don't need it!

Well, I had to think back and say "Self, at what point did your life get to where you NEEDED to clean up?" I'd say there was not a specific point but rather an ongoing time where I kind of fell into "The Doldrums" (If you've not read the Phantom Tollbooth by Noton Juster, you missed this! Read it! Its a kids book but with adult themes...). I just got to where I got in the process, worried about the process, and didn't take note of the focal point. The result was that I ended up acquiring bad habits, not staying true to msyelf, forgetting what work was. You can look busy and look involved and really be doing nothing (think: Strobe Light Effect - looks like you're doing something but you're kinda just flailing?!?! ) or atleast nothing productive that you'd want to come to light. That's where I was..I, sadly, was strobin :(

Well this cleanse brought me out of the strobes and into daylight and I am seeing clearer. I've lost a few lbs more than I've been losing, I'm full of energy, my body is thanking me and I'm thanking it back by keeping it active. I even managed to VACUUM!! Those of you who know me, know Anthony does most of the housework so he doesn't even know what to think right now:) I'M BACK!!

So screw the strobe light, turn on the REAL LIGHT -- GIMME THE GREENLIGHT (yes, I am referencing the John Legend and yes Shakeology has a green pacakge..work with me.....)! I'm feel good and on a roll and ready to do better:) Thats all you can do right?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ongoing Lessons in Life and BALANCE

Divorce diaries

day one...ick