The three point checklist for the summer and otherwise a spoiled child
So there’s this thing you always here when you become a parent. “There’s not a book on how to parent “ . Thatssss right. Duh
But what I’m going to provide is a 3 point check for the single mom, hell single parent of any kind, wondering why you want to pull your hair out and ending with reminding you like, don’t totally do that
Are you spoiling the child sparing the rod checkpoint
- Your kid is Kind of sorta entitled acting. Yes they are. Get over it. It sounds shitty when you say it but it’s true. That little darling if you count it has got approximately 4 to 6 adult at all times making sure they are OK. It only takes about two? In most kids lives but they get like 4 to 6. Depending on the situation is or come prized of the original parents the stepparents and sometimes even adult children or grandparents sets of grandparents - Click insert I had one grandma on one side of the family and one grandpa. I felt very blessed and feel very blessed to have my grandma still. But you can go from blessed to bougie really quick when you start multiplying that love exponentially just think about it.
- There’s emotional shit you’re probably ignoring therefore compensating for. I realized somewhat late in the post divorce time, also known as four years later, that if her dad pisses me off, or I just miss her over summer visitation, all of a sudden that missing her or pissed off-Ness results in a Shopkin-Amazon-LOL Doll Blowout over purchasing adventure, or a trip to something or a girly nail salon visit - which is it bad? Nope but just know it is what it is and identify it so that you’re not like “me what? Spoiling them her/him?! Never” yep. Ever. Spoiled.
- The word spoiled is hitting you during this reading but you’re struggling and could really care less. That’s honestly just a parent thing maybe it’s a defense mechanism overall I think it’s just love. Andddd I could be in denial as well. But what I do know is that if divorce brings on attention a kid and if summer visitation isn’t easy and you feel like you need to continue to rise to the occasion I’m going to say you’re diagnosed as: a Parent :-)
Summary “we’re all doing it someway whether it’s two parents in the same home or not and it’s going to be OK.
But if you could check all three on the checklist, the kiddo is spoiled❤️

Comments