#realtalk Mom Style
Another snow day so I got time to reflect. Call it cabin fever- it feels insightful...
Funniest thing - I can do what I want 😘
I've been reminded by so many situations in life showing truth lately, I decided life happens in collaboration with you or TO you.
Lots of people come to this realization alone a long time ago. I believe most of us though go with the flow to be normal.
Pssh .. Not me
I took this pic ... ON PURPOSE! I was cleaning, recycling, dumping out old flowers and realized, this isn't fun. So I took a fun picture, weirdly made me feel better.
Lesson: be weird. Who cares who's watching? Silly personal selfies - highly recommended.
Exhibit b:
She's gorgeous. I'm biased bc I'm her mom 😘 but seriously I have had to realize I had the best mama. That's awesome. I'm not her. We were made of the same basic stuff and we have different experiences so our focus on certain things will be opposites. I'm a Taurus, she's a Leo for goodness sakes!!
All that to say, my mama was anti make up at pretty much any age. When my step daughter put this on J, instinctively I felt anxiety and the desire to say "she's not allowed!" Then I took a breath and thought "Does this bother me REALLY Or is this a 'not supposed to' situation?"
I decided her smile said enough. She's supposed to be happy and bond with her sister. It's allowed 😊
Lesson: accept and respect your past but don't feel like you have to cookie cut a replica to be happy ;)
Final Exhibit (c):
Be ok with being annoyed. Holy cow we spend so much time being polite I feel that we lose our opinions. Well here you go: i internally cringe when I can hear the food processing happening and I might never wanna have dinner with you :/ rude? I guess but it makes me physically uncomfortable. And I'm not your mama to correct you which is equally rude and hurtful. Soooo - still working on an authentic workaround lol suggestions accepted :)
Lesson: you like what you like. That's ok
Anyway, that's my spiritual/emotional/motherly input of the day!



Comments