Hatboxes and the Mom Journey Begins!

So now I'm a mom:) My beautiful Jessalyn was born 08/16 and is definately making her presence known! It's been interesting, tiring, but all in all, a great experience thus far! The end of my pregnancy brought my total weight gain to 37 lbs which, was lost by the 3rd week post pregnancy. Sounds great right? WRONG! What all those mamas I consulted with failed to tell me is that the weight is not the issue, the SHAPE is the issue. You'd think, hey, back to pre pregnancy weight, GREAT! Nope, can't say it is. I had a c-section which means a tough road for my abs but hey, I can't really complain when a miracle was made. There are sacrifices ya know? So here I sit, at 2am, wonderinig what I'll be doing to show my daughter that life is about balance. First lesson, I love to workout, but you've gotta listen to your body AND the doctor. I haven't been cleared to workout yet so I'm walking as much as possible. Im up to 40 minute stroller rides which is good cardio, getting good air exposure as well as amazing bonding time. I never thought that I'd enjoy such exercise!:)


Next lesson - my sense of organization is keeping me sane. I won't say that my house is amazing clean opr just in the best order but there aren't stray bottles everywhere and as of now, I can keep my laundry under control. I am working on a good feeding schedule (as you can see from my 2am blogging THAT'S not going well) but everything else is going ok. This is keeping me sane. Sanity and obtaining/keeping it are so important these days so God bless my OCD tendencies!


Third lesson - wow, I'm a mom! What does that mean? Its another hat, a permanent one, that I get to wear. I have been a step mom or in that role for about 7 yrs but being a full time mom is quite different. I thank God for the blessings of my step children because they've let me love them and they've taught me so much. My daughter is reaping the effects of these 7 yr long lessons. I just have to do them full time now! I'm reprioritizing and hoping that I can keep up with all the things I want to do but to not spread myself so thin that I don't meet the goals I've set for myself. In my career, fitness, health and home, I have a balance to maintain. Can I do it? Um, yeah, pretty sure. I have an aresnal of hat boxes and I'm compartentalizing as we speak (type)! I will increase what I must (spending time helping my family grow) and decrease what I must (sorry wine and happy hour habit - gotta get you in check...). I know this is all happening without anger, regret or holding back. Its kinda exciting! Let see how it goes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ongoing Lessons in Life and BALANCE

Divorce diaries

day one...ick